1 Dunkin Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
3 eggs (for cake mix)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (for cake mix)
1 cup Water (for cake mix)
6 egg yokes
4 Tbsps butter, room temp
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 sugar
2/3 cup lemon juice
4 Tbsp Turbinado (or some other coarse sugar)
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray oil one 9 x 13 baking pan.
3. Prepare cake mix as directed on the package and pour into baking pan.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar and flour and whisk together then set aside.
5. In another large mixing bowl, whisk together egg yokes and butter until smooth. Add milk and lemon juice whisking quickly to avoid curdling the milk. Add the sugar and flour mixture, continuing to whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
6. Using the back of a large spoon, pour the lemon mixture noto the back of the spoon, over the cake mix slowly. Using the spoon will prevent the two from mixing together in the pan so do not skip this step. Make sure to leave 1/2 inch edge of cake mix to prevent sticking. Place cake gently in the oven to prevent mixing.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cake looks firm and set.
8. Mix Turbinado with remaining lemon juice and spread over top of the cake while it's still hot from the oven.