Tuna Noodle Casserole
My son likes to make this dish. It's simple, hearty and you can substitute chicken for the tuna to change it up. Try adding different veggies or changing the creamed soup in it for a whole new casserole.
- 1 Package Egg Noodles, Cooked and Drained
- 1 can (7oz) Tuna, white albacore in water
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 4 slices of cheese (any kind) or 1/2 cup shredded cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Cracker Crumb topping ( crushed crackers mixed with 1 Tbsp melted butter and a dash of old bay seasoning)
- After cooking noodles, place them in a buttered casserole dish while you prepare the sauce.
- In the same sauce pan you cooked the noodles, melt 1 Tsp butter and lightly saute the onions and mushrooms until the onions are just starting to become translucent. Add salt, pepper and Old Bay seasoning and let saute with the spices for 30 seconds.
- Add soups and milk. Slowly bring to a simmer.
- Mix in cheese and stir until cheese is well blended into the mixture.
- Add frozen peas and pour over the noodles, folding the mixture into the noodles until all noodles are covered.
- Top with Cracker Crumb Topping and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.