Cucumber Ketchup is making a revival among foodies who claim to have recently invented it but its actually been around for centuries. Give this one a try, it's worth it.
- 1 quart cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 green peppers, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 2 Tbsp mustard seeds in a muslin bag
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Combine cucumbers, onions and peppers with water. Cook until tender.
- Put through a sieve or food mill.
- Add remaining ingredients and boil until thick and clear.
- Remove mustard seeds.