Danish Butter Cookies
This is a simple butter cookie that works great in a cookie press. Just a reminder to my mother: do not put down any parchment paper or waxed paper or silicone cookie sheet if you are using the cookie press. Remember what happened the last time? For those of you who missed the great cookie disaster of 2015, cookies from a cookie press need to stick to the cookie sheet. If you put something non-stick, you get gigantic cookie dough blobs that look terrible.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth, add egg and vanilla.
- Using a large spoon, add flour to the mixture until everything is well blended.
- Using a cookie press or pastry bag, pipe the dough onto the cookie sheet forming a circle (or whatever shape you prefer).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are turning golden brown.